EU 4 Border Security
Project duration: 24 months
(1 January 2020 – 31 December 2021)
Budget: EUR 3,552,000
Donor: European Union
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), Missions in Ukraine and in Moldova. The European Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM) will support the complementary actions of the project.
Project beneficiaries: State Customs Service of Ukraine, Border Guard Service of Ukraine, General Inspectorate of Border Police of the Republic of Moldova, Customs Service of the Republic of Moldova
This project aims to further enhance the integrated border management (IBM) between the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine by encouraging inter-agency cooperation through joint control and information exchange on persons/vehicles/goods crossing the Moldovan-Ukrainian border, as well as through joint border surveillance along the common border. The project is expected to contribute to the broader objective to facilitate trade and movement of people across borders, while preventing and combating cross-border crime and corruption and therefore to the economic security and sustainable development of the region.
The specific objectives of the action are to:
1) improve the conditions for free and safe movement of persons, goods and vehicles across the common border,
2) enhance crime prevention and preparedness to respond to border incidents, based on enhanced inter-agency and international cooperation and exchange of information,
3) improve knowledge and skills on operational use of equipment, in conjunction with use of risk analysis products, in a bilaterally coordinated and coherent manner.
The following expected results are envisaged:
• 24/7 joint video monitoring and ANPR-based pre-arrival information exchange carried out at selected road BCPs.
• Joint patrolling capacities improved and response time to border incidents (including urgent search and rescue needs) on common blue border reduced.
• Knowledge and skills (on specialized equipment) of relevant staff increased.
Here you can find and download the project leaflet.