Partners: Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP); Center of Disease and Control (CDC); UK Home Office; Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (PRM); Immigration New Zealand (INZ); US Embassy in Chisinau, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kiev, Ukraine
Beneficiaries: Persons traveling either permanently or temporarily to the Unites States of America, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand, Republic of Korea
Estimated budget: Varies annually
IOM Migration Health Assessments consist of an evaluation of the physical and mental health status made either prior to departure or upon arrival, for the purpose of resettlement, international employment, enrolment in specific migrant assistance programs, or for obtaining temporary or permanent visas.
The list of services follows requirements of receiving countries and typically includes a detailed physical examination, clinical or laboratory investigations, immunization history review and preparation of required immigration health forms and documents, etc. IOM can also provide medical escorts during travel, as needed.
IOM Mission to Moldova has been authorized to carry out health assessments of persons traveling (either permanently or temporarily) to the following countries: the Unites States of America, Canada, Australia, the Unites Kingdom and New Zealand, Republic of Korea
Health assessments include the following key activities:
Client registration and identification
- Schedule and organize appointments for the health assessments;
- Confirm the identity of the applicants and register in the specifically dedicated databases.
- Provide health assessments according to the technical and public health requirements of the receiving countries;
- Give instructions to applicants regarding physical examinations, follow-ups and further requirements (treatment).
Control and Handling
- Dispatch by mail, update on-line or hand out finalized medical files as appropriate
- Ensure that the fees for the health assessments and for any additional tests are fully paid and properly registered.
- Optimize and enhance the web-based Registration App to improve user experience;
- Process information, generate and draw reports.